WWW.SKULLFORGESCENICS.ETSY.COM

Wednesday, December 31, 2014

2014: A Look Back

As 2014 closes out I'm desperately racing to finish Nagash. I was hoping to have him completed by the end of the year, but since I haven't been able to play a single game since September I guess there's no hurry. (I haven't even put the Terrorgheist on the table yet!)


This got me thinking about all the other projects I posted about but never got around to finishing. Most of the models are for my Black Templars, but as I never play 40K anymore, there's no real incentive to finish them other than to say that they're done. I do want to finish the Space Hulk Terminators, though; that is a game I enjoy playing.

Everything else is for filling out my Undead and Skaven armies. As interest in the campaign dwindled, and the End Times was releasing, my focus shifted over to the Undead Legions. But there are a bunch of new releases planned for the Skaven End Times book. That's a relief, because the enthusiasm for the End Times in general seemed to grind to a halt after the release of Warhammer: Khaine– No new models, a story that some people are unhappy with, and the worst magic rules to ever grace any edition of Warhammer. Hopefully the Skaven book and impending 9th edition can turn things around.

Once I get back to working on the Skaven, it will be the Plague Claw Catapult crew, then the Plague Monks units, and parts for the Plague Furnace that have been in my queue for ages. I also want to pick up the new Vermin Lord and some of the Stormfiend rat ogres. I'm not going to order the hardcover End Times book, though; I refuse to participate in GW's immediately-sold-out-pre-order nonsense. The softcover version will be available soon enough and I'm sure the pages will be posted online. The models themselves will probably come with their rules anyway.

But for now it's back to my Undead. Here's a little peek at what's on the horizon:

 

 

Thank you all for following my blog. Have a happy and safe New Year!


'Til next time!

1 comment:

All comments are moderated. Any comments containing links will not be approved and will be marked as spam.